Courts have ruled that

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
meat cannot be labelled as organic if the animal is slaughtered with out being stunned first

Sponsored Links
meat cannot be labelled as organic if the animal is slaughtered with out being stunned first
Bloody interfering EU...

How dare they rule on an issue that our own sovereign parliament refuses to do anything about...

Probably because the main culprit is not the Islamic method but the kosher/shechita one...

Wouldn't want to appear to be anti-semitic would we ;)

I never mentioned any dck ead religious practices ?

If they are slaughtering animals with out stunning them first they are all dck eads irrespective of there respective religious Mumbo jumbo beliefs

I never mentioned any dck ead religious practices ?

If they are slaughtering animals with out stunning them first they are all dck eads irrespective of there respective religious Mumbo jumbo beliefs
And yet no mention of non religious 'ritual slaughter' methods contravening the practice in the ruling...

So why raise the issue in the first place?

Sponsored Links
Because it was reported on the radio about 25 minutes ago

What's it got to do with u any way ? I found the ruling interesting and its non Brexit although u as per usual put a Brexit / eu slant on it

Do people have to check in with u first before they post a subject up
Best advised u go back to polishing yer ***b :LOL::LOL:

I heard about it too, and yep, was interesting. I never realised that organic meat had welfare standards, in fact, I would've bet money that it didn't necessarily have higher standards.
I thought it was more the fact that the animals weren't fed chemicals - antibiotics, growth hormones and the like, and had a better diet.

Are chickens routinely stunned prior to slaughter ?

Don't know much about slaughter houses never been in one and don't intend to go in one

Hypocrit really I eat meat but if I had to kill it first I would be a vegetarian

Probably because the main culprit is not the Islamic method but the kosher/shechita one...

Wouldn't want to appear to be anti-semitic would we ;)

This has given me a thought...

For the % of Jews that eat pork (more so in Israel) would the pig still need to be Kosher?

Sponsored Links
Back