live stock exports & the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The Uk exports 30,000 live animals for slaughter.

They travel in dire conditions & some do not survive when they reach there country of destination. Often a country beyond Europe , were welfare rules are less strict or non existent.

Perhaps north Africa or the Middle East ;) were they can face ritual slaughter ;) with out being stunned for religious festivals ;)

Untill now the UK has argued that EU laws prevent the UK from blocking trade in cattle , pigs, & sheep

Attempts to replace the exports of live animals with chilled carcasses have been ruled as un-lawful under EU law ;)

But with Brexit on the horizon there is new hope. ;)

Investigations into the transport of animals by the RSPCA & compassion in world farming have shown chronic over crowding , lack of water & food excessive heat & cold , lack of ventilation & almost no qualified vetinary assistance.

In short the EU rules & regs are a disgrace. They encourage cruelty to animals & pander to dck ead countries who's treatment of animals is a total disgrace.

Sponsored Links
In short the EU rules & regs are a disgrace. They encourage cruelty to animals & pander to dck ead countries who's treatment of animals is a total disgrace.
What a pity the dUK has decided to give up its voice in the conference room, and its vote in the chamber, and will soon have no rights and no influence on EU standards.

What a pity the dUK has decided to give up its voice in the conference room, and its vote in the chamber, and will soon have no rights and no influence on EU standards.

A lone voice that was rarely if ever listened to

over ruled by such countries as malta & luxembourg :LOL:

or

Spain that X facist dictatership who fill stadiums so people can be entertained by watching the slow torture & death of a bull

Or the French who force food into a gooses throat to create some luxury food (?)

Still u will be alright scottish independence & join the EU :LOL:

Cruel world

UK withdrawal from the EU could mean the end of live exports, is that a good thing or not ??? speak up ;)

Last edited:
The UK has long been at the forefront of animal welfare and will in due time be able to do so again. In many parts of the EU, veal crates, although banned (Pioneered by the UK) are still used and their illegal use is ignored and goes unpunished. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a nice juicy steak or a chop like the next man but there is no need to torture our livestock before it becomes our food.

Sponsored Links
UK withdrawal from the EU could mean the end of live exports, is that a good thing or not ??? speak up ;)
It would most certainly be a good thing if the UK stops live exports.
I pretty much fear tho that this will not happen for some time, if at all. I wonder if there's going to be many businesses stopped by government or who will say no to trade for a while after leaving the EU.

Still, it's a nice thought, esp with Britain having a long history of animal welfare and all that. I'd be pleased if they stopped the slaughter of animals in an inhumane way for religious purposes in this country. The EU says it's against animal cruelty in farming, but allows cruelty to happen on religious or cultural grounds. So basically means sod all.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lone voice that was rarely if ever listened to

Now you know that isn't true.

The UK was on the "winning side" in the vast majority of votes, although under Cameron it made more of an effort to be uncooperative and lost out as a result.

DisUnited Kingdom.

Even the Whales are moaning now about the loss of EU grants and subsidies. Like Cornwall.

As does the dUK, as you know, and always has done.

The UK has been good at protecting animals, but slaugher only started to become a concern in the 1930's and laws started to change. It wasn't until about 40 years ago did they include most livestock (poultry at last being included) to be killed humanely. As a country, we've gone overseas to educate and plead with other countries to change their slaughterhouse methods too.

The point I am making is that we, as a country seem to try and do good by our animals, even tho sadly there are still a lot of slaugher houses who treat their animals inhumanely by breaking the law, we still try.
I'd like to see this improved across the board, to include those slaughtered inhumanely on religious purposes, esp as the UK is supplying more religious meat that is actually needed. That's more suffering for no good reason, something that just wasn't happening not so long ago in this scale.

And of course, as there is no god, there is no reason to treat animals worse on religious grounds. Stop pandering to the nutters.

Shakey hands? And getting back to the OP, I think its disgusting the way the Scots treat haggis, poor things boiled for hours.
You see what they do to a mars bar? Deep fry the poor f**ker after covering it in batter. I mean, what a way to go.

I'm sue there are some UK farmers and those involved in the transport and slaughter of livestock, reading this thread and sat there chuckling and shaking their heads and thinking "what a bunch of naïve morons who have never been involved in the meat industry...."

You daft lot think that our farmers treat their animals like you treat your pets. Wrong. It is a brutal industry. There is no time for compassion. Your supermarkets, your wallet and your appetite wont allow it.

EU my arse. Get real.

The Uk exports 30,000 live animals for slaughter.

They travel in dire conditions & some do not survive when they reach there country of destination. Often a country beyond Europe , were welfare rules are less strict or non existent.

Perhaps north Africa or the Middle East ;) were they can face ritual slaughter ;) with out being stunned for religious festivals ;)

Untill now the UK has argued that EU laws prevent the UK from blocking trade in cattle , pigs, & sheep

Attempts to replace the exports of live animals with chilled carcasses have been ruled as un-lawful under EU law ;)

But with Brexit on the horizon there is new hope. ;)

Investigations into the transport of animals by the RSPCA & compassion in world farming have shown chronic over crowding , lack of water & food excessive heat & cold , lack of ventilation & almost no qualified vetinary assistance.

Transom (the arse end) is spreading his lies again:
https://www.whitelies.org.uk/animal...does-veal-come-happy-calves-who-had-good-life

Also, the UK is currently restricted and controlled by EU regulations. One of the big issues argued by the Brexiteers was one of freedom from regulation. After Brexit the UK is more likely to be more relaxed about animal welfare regulations when they can flout what would otherwise have been EU regulations. In fact, they may have to relax such regulations in order to maintain competive prices, etc.

Last edited:
Transom (the arse end) is spreading his lies again:
https://www.whitelies.org.uk/animal...does-veal-come-happy-calves-who-had-good-life

Also, the UK is currently restricted and controlled by EU regulations. One of the big issues argued by the Brexiteers was one of freedom from regulation. After Brexit the UK is more likely to be more relaxed about animal welfare regulations when they can flout what would otherwise have been EU regulations. In fact, they may have to relax such regulations in order to maintain competive prices, etc.
As I have said, the UK has always been at the forefront of animal welfare and has set the standard before the EU got itself involved.. How is it cheaper to ship a wagon of live animals across Europe than it is to send a fridge trailer full to the roof with chilled or frozen meat?

As I have said, the UK has always been at the forefront of animal welfare and has set the standard before the EU got itself involved.. How is it cheaper to ship a wagon of live animals across Europe than it is to send a fridge trailer full to the roof with chilled or frozen meat?
You are talking the same lies and nonsense as transom (arse end)
http://www.imta-uk.org/import-export/importing/countries-approved-to-export-to-the-eu

The whole thread is based on transom's (arse end) lies and bogus nonsense.
For instance, UK has a preference for chicken breasts, do you think UK exports the live chickens, then imports the breasts.
Or do you think they slaughter the chickens here and export the rest of the useful carcass via chilled or frozen transport?
Take your time, it is not a trick question!
Next time you are on a ferry look around to see how many live animals are being transported. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back