live stock exports & the EU

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are talking the same lies and nonsense as transom (arse end)
http://www.imta-uk.org/import-export/importing/countries-approved-to-export-to-the-eu

The whole thread is based on transom's (arse end) lies and bogus nonsense.
For instance, UK has a preference for chicken breasts, do you think UK exports the live chickens, then imports the breasts.
Or do you think they slaughter the chickens here and export the rest of the useful carcass via chilled or frozen transport?
Take your time, it is not a trick question!
Next time you are on a ferry look around to see how many live animals are being transported. :rolleyes:

Transam's whole thread isn't based on lies or bogus nonsense.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/how-eu-prevents-uk-banning-8000467

Sponsored Links
I'm sue there are some UK farmers and those involved in the transport and slaughter of livestock, reading this thread and sat there chuckling and shaking their heads and thinking "what a bunch of naïve morons who have never been involved in the meat industry...."

You daft lot think that our farmers treat their animals like you treat your pets. Wrong. It is a brutal industry. There is no time for compassion. Your supermarkets, your wallet and your appetite wont allow it.

EU my arse. Get real.
Happily there are many people out there who would rather something be done about the industry and animal welfare - and have done so.

I am glad not everyone is unfeeling as you appear to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
You daft lot think that our farmers treat their animals like you treat your pets. Wrong. It is a brutal industry.

Says the bloke who knows nothing about farming in the Uk apart from what he see's on country file on sunday evenings.
Few farmers treat their animals with compassion but they are under strict regulation to treat them in a humane manner and caught out other wise they will face the law.

Here in the UK those involved in farming do have the time to treat their farmed animals humanely. Those naïve plebs like your self who think other wise have no idea.

Last edited:
Unfeeling? Because you are uncomfortable with the truth?
No, because the way you worded your post.
Still, I shouldn't expect anything else, you rarely show much pleasantness around here on the general forum bit.

What a pity the dUK has decided to give up its voice in the conference room, and its vote in the chamber, and will soon have no rights and no influence on EU standards.

Fail

The UK has been good at protecting animals, but slaughter only started to become a concern in the 1930's and laws started to change. It wasn't until about 40 years ago did they include most livestock (poultry at last being included) to be killed humanely. As a country, we've gone overseas to educate and plead with other countries to change their slaughterhouse methods too.

The point I am making is that we, as a country seem to try and do good by our animals, even tho sadly there are still a lot of slaugher houses who treat their animals inhumanely by breaking the law, we still try.
I'd like to see this improved across the board, to include those slaughtered inhumanely on religious purposes, esp as the UK is supplying more religious meat that is actually needed. That's more suffering for no good reason, something that just wasn't happening not so long ago in this scale.

And of course, as there is no god, there is no reason to treat animals worse on religious grounds. Stop pandering to the nutters.

Superbly put.

The americans only learned from the UK in the fifties about the captive bold method to stun livestock.
The American method was to herd their animals four at a time into a holding pen with a walk way above where two blokes stood with sledge hammers to beat the animals to death. When killed the front gate was opened and the slaughtered animals were dragged forward by horses to be dismembered.

Last edited:
philip Lymbery head of British charity "compassion in World Farming"

says the whole system is stuck in a rut , we are giving bussiness to Continental abattoirs so the trade is horribly cruel "

In 1996 67,488 sheep died when there ship caught fire in the indian ocean ( yes 67,488)

21 years later the problem still persists its global. Australia is the biggest exporter of live animals. trading some 3 million a year. to the middle east & south east Asia.

The EU exports 2 million farm animals a year & last year investigators found that thousands of cattle , including unweaned calves were being transported thousands of miles from Eastern Europe to Israel , Gaza, & the middle east on rust bucket vessels from which animals died due to inhumane conditions & were then tossed over the side.

And noseall does not give a s**t :) should we be surprised ? nah he merely comes up to expectations ;)

And incidentally him again , been again aka Bungalow u are still on ignore & u probably do not give a wat sit either

I'm sue there are some UK farmers and those involved in the transport and slaughter of livestock, reading this thread and sat there chuckling and shaking their heads and thinking "what a bunch of naïve morons who have never been involved in the meat industry...."

You daft lot think that our farmers treat their animals like you treat your pets. Wrong. It is a brutal industry. There is no time for compassion. Your supermarkets, your wallet and your appetite wont allow it.

EU my arse. Get real.

typical reaction from noseall . :LOL::LOL: what u know on the subject could be written on a postage stamp with a paint brush.

He reminds me of Benny from Cross roads or a half wit , who are u really noseall Hmmm speak up Boyo

And what gos around comes around ;) if u cannot take it best advised u do not dish it out boyo :p:LOL:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back