Covering cables outside of house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Can anyone please give me a bit of advice on what to use to cover some CCTV cables outside of my house.

I bought this system https://www.toolstation.com/swann-1080p-cctv-system/p17295 and have installed 2X cameras at the front of my house. I've drilled a hole under a first floor window and have ran both cables back into the house through that.

In the interests of making it look a little better and to make it a little more difficult to cut the cables/weatherproof, what would be the best thing to cover the cables in?

Is there any kind of flexible rubber/foam type tape I could use?

Cheers

Larry

Sponsored Links
Screenshot_20211017-175338_Chrome.jpgYou could use self amalagin tape on the connection to prevent water ingress or use water resistant joint boxes.

In the interests of making it look a little better and to make it a little more difficult to cut the cables/weatherproof, what would be the best thing to cover the cables in?

The best thing, is to take cables in via holes made straight from the rear of the unit, into either the loft or so they emerge between floor and ceiling of the floor. That way, there are no visible cables.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Guys, exactly what I was looking for. I've ordered some flexible conduit.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back