Covid vs Planned Renovation

Sponsored Links
I rarely wash my hands at work and am hardly likely to start anytime soon. Nowt wrong with a few germs.

Point is, it is not about you. It's about vulnerable groups.
Haven't seen a particular group of mates since before Christmas. We've cancelled this Friday.
One has a type 1 diabetic teenager.
None of us want to countenance harming a teenager, just for a pint and a curry .
We've waited a few months, a few more won't hurt.

Sponsored Links
Ill be sure to watch out. Is the scummy water butt good enough or shall I hire a washroom cabin, in case a pensioner happens to wander within 50m of my site?
I dont see building sites being a risk area.

Esp extensions which are often separate to the house until the knock through.

The only risk is internal renovations where there is an at risk person living there.

For now we are carrying on. Now that Number 10 clarified there was "zero prospect" of movement restrictions in London... The works will take 6 weeks max. Due to start week after next. Feels like we should be able to get it through. We won't be in much social contact. We'll live in another place. Builders will travel in cars to ours. There will be a few deliveries and visits to merchants for them but no one is banning work that cannot be done from home yet, not even on the continent. Fingers crossed.

New Build site up the road from me seems to have ceased working. Not seen any lorries go past of heard Dumper trucks revving up for a few days.

Needless to say we very much did not go through with the renovation. The situation was changing so quickly that in a matter of days (and one week before the start date) we called it off indefinitely. Very sad that it doesn't look like it'll happen before the baby comes, or even this year. But it would have been a disaster to continue in hindsight, if we ended up with a flat that had been made unliveable when the movement ban came in.

A block of flats is still being built next door to us as usual (Wimbledon).

Last week (while off work), I walked or ran every day.

While up and down the road, the traffic was very light, due to the lockdown. Except for McAuliffe quarry lorries; they were going past every thirty seconds or so, for hours. They must be a big firm, to have such a stream of them.

This week, I haven't seen one. Perhaps they've finished whatever they were up to.....

Sponsored Links
Back