1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Coving nightmare!!!

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by Hut, 16 Apr 2013.

1. Hut

Hut

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hello,

Hope someone can help!

I bought a paint stripper from B&Q which I hoped would remove years worth off gloss from plaster coving in the hallway:

http://www.diy.com/nav/decor/decora...ed-Paint-Stripper-500ml-9254592?skuId=9262291

Unfortunately it just turned the paint into a chewing gum consistency which is impossible to remove using a scraper.

I then bought a heat gun which helped to an extent but the whole thing now looks a complete mess (see attached img)

Is there a product out there which will dissolve the paint? I've heard mixed things about Nitromors, is it worth a shot?

Many Thanks!

2. Sponsored Links
  3. sparkwright

sparkwright

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Would be more inclined to try to sand down the coving, paint with oil-based undercoat, fill, emulsion - if possible.

No one bothers stripping paint off coving or plasterboard usually.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local