Coving on top of papered wall and artexed ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Does anybody have any advice for me regarding the following?

I have a room which I would like to put coving up in which has an artexed ceiling (not very raised) and also already papered and painted walls right up to ceiling height (2 layers 1000 grade lining paper and 2 coats matt emulsion). Am I likely to have any problems coving this? Is it advisable to use a lightweight coving of some kind as the wallpaper is unlikely to support the weight of plaster coving (I'm led to believe this is heavy??).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Its not so much the weight of the coving youll have the problem with but the adhesive soaking through the paper and possibly causing the paper to lift..if you cant get a neat line of paper under where the coving touches it off then you might want to give it a coat of oil based undercoat all around the ceiling line to stop the adhesive soaking in

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back