Cowboys or not Soffits,

then gap between the tiles isn't an issue as there should be another course over the top. Instead they have used the flat capping across the front, which in itself wouldn't have been too much of a problem had they got the tile coursing right.

Sponsored Links
Have you put a spirit level on the tiles and the roof to see which is out of true.

Have you put a spirit level on the tiles and the roof to see which is out of true.
No but I confronted them & they admitted the tiles are not level.
Why oh why do builders try & fool their clients. They have started to put the windows in the dormer today & have already broken the top window in the bathroom, see photos. I cannot take much more of this...

Attachments

• IMG_6346.JPG
    IMG_6346.JPG
    103.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_6345.JPG
    IMG_6345.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_6342.JPG
    IMG_6342.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_6355.JPG
    IMG_6355.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 129
I'd still get a spirit level, and check for myself. If it is the tiles that are out, then I'd be inclined to tell them to strip them off, and redo them; it'll be spotted when you decide to sell.

Sponsored Links
Untidy, somethings out of level across the front.
Make sure they finish the area where the the dormer butts the chimney.. Mastic is not acceptable.
There is a top course of tiles missing still under the chimney apron. plenty of damaged tiles etc

The flashing showing under the vertical tiling makes me think there are no soakers fitted . Cover flashing alone isn't ideal

Note the neighbours where the vertical tiling cuts to the pitched roof..

Typical Jack of all trades job Imho
datarebel you are a diamond for pointing out the issue of where the the dormer butts the chimney. From inside the dormer looking around that chimney area I could see a couple of gaps/holes. I questioned him & guess what the reply was. We are going to fill that with mastic... I told him you cannot use mastic he said you can. So I then said I will report this to building control when he comes. Basically to catch him out. I also told him I will ask Building Control about the use of soakers. As he's saying flashing is sufficient. I also found a gap/hole letting in light inside the dormer high up in the corner by the ridge tiles & chimney again I'm assuming he will use mastic.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - as the saying goes "you learn something new every day"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back