Coxial Box Advice

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Backbox like that is half the price in Wilkinson and most other places. Why o why do people go to ebay first?

You don't use F connectors for broadband, RJ 45 is used.

Andy PRK. Ariel is washing powder, what has that got to do with it? Perhaps you meant aerial!

You don't use F connectors for broadband, RJ 45 is used.

RJ45 doesn't exist. You'll find F connectors are quite appropriate for DOCSIS..

Except that any supplier of DOCSIS will also provide and terminate into their own faceplate

Sure. And if you want to put a faceplate somewhere else, it can be a lot easier to do it yourself than pay them to come and do a half-arsed job of it.

EDITED
I think some people misunderstand. This cable comes in from outside and goes into the router (which has a modem in it). After that you use RJ45 (LAN) for networking out to pcs from the router. Never thought of going to Wilkos though, good idea.

BTW, I have a cable which goes from the faceplate box supplied by Virgin Media and then goes off into another room. So I was going to add a plug like this one to tidy it up.

Screw fix were doing the back boxes on clearance for 20p
Too them a while to find them at my branch though.

Only 50/60p full price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back