CP12 on new boiler installation question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies, 'cos this isn't a DIY question, but I thought there would be someone on this forum who would know the answer to my question:

I've had a new boiler fitted in a rental property by British Gas. The installation package is supposed to include a Landlords Gas Safety Certificate for the first year.

British Gas are telling me that I don't/wont get a CP12 from them, but that the completed and signed "Gas Boiler System Commissioning Checklist" page in the boiler installation manual is the equivalent of a CP12 for the first year.

Is this correct?

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Is the rental property yours, or are you the one renting the property from a landlord?

Sponsored Links
For the installation you wouldn’t get one, but if they said it would be included in the first year, I would expect after the boiler being installed for one year, then this is when they would produce one. This wouldn’t be sufficient using the benchmark.

Even if the boiler is the only appliance the meter etc still needs to be looked at and a certificate issued . So if they said you were to have a landlord gas safety certificate included then they should be issuing you with one . no ifs no buts
The benchmark in the boiler installation book is not and has never been equivalent of a cp12

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back