Crack in concrete floor in flat - best way to fill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi each and all I am currently renovating a flat I recently purchased and have come across 2 x issues that I need a bit of advice on if possible

*Firstly there is a crack in the floor spanning across the door area ( Pic enclosed ) does anyone know what would be the best way to fill this gap?

*Secondly the concrete floor leads on to a box window and the fllor is wood - joiningon to the concrete floor, I have removed some of the loose material ( Pic enclosed ) again what would be the best way to repair this

Many thanks in advance - Darren.

Attachments

• IMG-1966.JPG
    IMG-1966.JPG
    262.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG-1970.JPG
    IMG-1970.JPG
    314.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG-1976.JPG
    IMG-1976.JPG
    367.3 KB · Views: 81
Sponsored Links
It looks like the wood floor is flexing and chewing at the concrete. You might want to lift it and check it’s attached to what it is supposed to be attached to. I.e. some sort of beam.

repair wise concrete and self leveller will fill it.

What floor level is the flat on? Why not post a pic showing the outside area of the box window?

The crack thats spanning the door - where is it in relation to the box window? Can you post a pic showing, more or less, the whole room?

The wall has been opened up to provide an opening for the box window - the short length of skirting in pic 314.2 is sloping down suggesting that the box window floor is sagging?

So, as above, why not lift the flooring T&G boards to expose how the box window floor is supported?
And if you remove all the tiles etc. covering all the concrete floor you might show further cracks or even humps - or, hopefully, none at all?

Was any kind of survey done before your purchase of the flat?

Sponsored Links
You need to remove all the loose material first then sharps sand/ cement mix ( first ensure the timber can’t move).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back