Crack in concrete floor with damp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum.
We’re moving into a 1930s semi detached very soon. We found a crack in the concrete floor in the downstairs loo. It’s quite wet. I attached pictures of it here.
Any ideas what we could do about it?
We were thinking of tiling the floor in there.
Should we just try to get the housing association to deal with the crack? Could there be a leak? Is the water from within or without?
Could we just fill it, seal it, and tile over it?
Any knowledge on how to deal with damp and concrete greatly appreciated.
Thank you and merry Christmas.

Attachments

• 4DC57244-FD46-4993-8917-DD838C6A4FA8.jpeg
    4DC57244-FD46-4993-8917-DD838C6A4FA8.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 58
Sponsored Links
looks to me like water on the floor pooling in the lowest spot

is that a shower tray on the left?

Thank you so much for your reply
It’s a very tiny room, there is only a toilet in there, not even a sink. So I’m not sure where water could have come from.
It sort of looks like it’s crawling in from the side from underneath the skirting?
Adjacent rooms relative to the picture is kitchen to the east, entrance south, garden north and west.

The crack maybe a breach of the DPM if there is one, or, residual moisture rising to the weakest spot i.e. the crack/break in the floor surface.

Sponsored Links
Grind off the paint then you need some ardex A46 external rapid repair , then a coat of ardex DPM1c r

Thank you everyone.
Grind off the paint then you need some ardex A46 external rapid repair , then a coat of ardex DPM1c r
If I grind the floor smooth and repair the crack, can I then paint the floor on top of that before sealing?
Or should I seal over the crack first before I painting, and then seal again?

We usually open the crack up abit then pour in ardex DPM1c with sharp sand. Let they set then a46 over it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back