Crack in internal wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am looking for some advice I have found the below crack in wall at corner of window it measures approx 50cms. Please advise if this looks like simple job for polyfilla or if I need to call some help in.

Thanks in advance for your help
DSC_0029.JPG

Sponsored Links
It's looks 'cosmetic'

Before you put polyfilla in, see if can get a flat screw driver and open up the hair line crack. You'll get a better 'key' that way.

Is there any chance you can take a wider picture? I wanna see what might be the cause of the crack? One from the outside too please not tooo close up.

Hi there,
Thanks for replying, I was hoping it was 'cosmetic' I have pic below it appears to come from window sill which was put in 6 yrs ago. I have outdoor insulation therefore can't see the wall however there were no signs of outdoor cracks prior to the insulation.

Thanks again.
DSC_0030.JPG

That's good news. :)

It looks like the plasterboard area has been disturbed whilst the window fitters did there job. No biggie.

Fill it in, let it dry, then lightly sand it off. Paint as you see fit. :)

Simples.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back