crack on inside of DG unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

can someone advise? I got a new DG unit fitted but managed to get a small crack on inside bottom right, unit is new and looks good apart from crack, its on edge next to frame...is there anything I can do to conceal it make it look better for now as dont want to fork out more doe just yet ...you can see the crack as its my current profile pic, is there a fix glue? concealer?

thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Well now its not a sealed unit so could possibly steam up but as for concealing the crack then how about a small sticker of some kind?

you mean a sticker as in something you support? well maybe its better than nothing for now, thanks for reply!

Who cracked it ? If you paid to have it installed then the installer is normally responsible to replace the damaged panel.

Be aware that small cracks in glass can suddenly extend to the full length / height of the window.

If the glass is laminated then maybe a windscreen repair service could offer a solution.

Sponsored Links
The window firm where I get the glass is not that good I have had 5 units of which 2 were bad with rubber protruding edges...the one with broken glass thats in now cracked easily when I inserted into frame...I then got a discount of 50% for another one, the other one came with rubber protruding so I got them to come and take it back and got a refund. So I know I need to replace this one but for now I will put a sticker on it and order a new unit elsewhere when I can.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back