crack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just a quick one, do you pro plasterers still get the occasional hairline crack in your work or is it just us amateurs who suffer this on rare occassions??? :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Definitely an amateur problem ;)
Agree, your doing something wrong; or to be more positive about it, not doing something quiet right ;) . Where are these cracks appearing & what do they look like, is it PB joint lines or crazing? base coat? finish?

for a while now I've been having a crack in my hairline.
That’s just a genetic problem associated with old age; I'm lucky, I've got the grey gene but not the baldy one :LOL:

Sponsored Links
the only crack i ever get is when i bend down to dip my wet brush ;)

thanks for the replies guys,

i really dont get any crack normally but on my last job i had a large wall that needed bonding out in the middle of the wall all the across.

this was not a problem and i skimmed the wall the next day.

all was well until a couple of days after when the customer phoned me and told me there were two hairline cracks from top to bottom :oops:

he said he had had the heating on even though i told him to leave it off :mad:

but anyway you cant blame your customer can you so i had to go and fill the cracks and smooth off.

what do you think i did wrong , not enough pva? drying out to fast due to heating being on ?

thank in advance guys :)

I’m assuming there were no underlying cracks in the same place before you started? You really should skim over Bonding the same day; dry Bonding (even overnight) will suck the life out of Multi & you need to kill the suction or you risk cracking as it all dries out so could be you didn’t prep it enough. Your numpty customer hasn’t helped matters by putting the heating on though & if you told him not to then I would be inclined to blame him. It will depend on how long he left it before putting the heating back on but it’s something I would never advise for at least a week; drying it out too quickly is the most likely cause IMO

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back