Cracked Bath repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
I have a crack in my Bath - see pic.
Bath.jpg

I am not sure what the bath is made of, it is fairly flexible, is it possible to repair or do I need to replace which I would rather not do due to insufficient funds. Any advice would be greatly valued.

Cheers

Paul

Sponsored Links
bath will be acrylic

you could try acrylic resin or fiberglass resin

i seem to remember a bath repair kit for this

but tbh can't remember the name

btw you wont get it from underneath there is a board laminated to the base ;)

try a search on "acrylic bath repair"

all the stuff i get is yank :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Many thanks Guys

I will get on to that as most of the family is on holiday so bathroom traffic at a minimum.

Cheers

Paul

I first signed up to this forum to ask pretty much the same question. We had a bath that was damaged and searching around quotes came in at around the £100 mark to repair. The bath in question was a whirlpool type so would have been worth repairing. However, as we were in a dispute with Bathstore which eventually took months to solve we brought another bath and sold the damaged one on e-bay. So in short if this is just a standard bath then I wouldn't bother to repair it I'd just buy another.

Chances are the bottom of the bath is reinforced with a piece of chipboard. That works fine, as long as the chipboard stays dry. If the crack has allowed the board to get damp, it will now be about as useful for reinforcement as a soggy wheatabix (It may be a bit tastier, but that's just my opinion of wheatabix) .

Bereft of the proper support to the tub, a repair is probably doomed to fail.

The bath needs changing asap, but if you want to do an emergency repair for now, go to Halfrauds and get a fibre glass kit (approx £10-£15) and fibre glass above and below the crack. Make sure you sand down before and after applying as sore bottoms are not welcome.

This will be an emergency repair while you sort out a new bath, (thats when the wife wants a new toilet, sink, fully tiled walls and decorate the hall.) :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Andy

Any bath * accidentally* damaged Can be claimed for on your House Insurance Policy :idea: New for old - because you can`t get an old bath , they are all broken ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back