cracked tile should i replace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all i have a cracked tile in the shower area. its at the bottom where the wall meets the shower tray and its also behind the shower door wall bracket. the crack seems it may be gone the whole way thru the tile and not just a crack in the glaze also some grout has got a crack in it aswell. the tile is held in 3 side by grout 1 side obviously the bottom with silicone. i have plently of spare tiles and ad/grout. the question is should i replace or am i ok. its not that noticable at all look like a black hair but would water get in?? also could trying to replace the tile cause any other problem (eg other tiles comming away or destruction of the wall) any advised is greatly appreciated thanks

Sponsored Links
the question is should i replace
Yes
or am i ok.
No
its not that noticable at all look like a black hair but would water get in??
Yes, eventually; a crack will act like a siphon.
also could trying to replace the tile cause any other problem (eg other tiles comming away or destruction of the wall)
Yes if your ham fisted or the water has got in already. :LOL:
any advised is greatly appreciated thanks
Take your time & do it very carefully. ;)

Sponsored Links
wish i could put it, as nice as you...rich ;)
Aw shucks :oops: ; but you can & do ;)

I got my suspicions about you M8; style is everything :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

so what are your suspicions you have of me? ;)

ahhh penny just dropping there rich. :D
just looking at all the replies there... :eek: :eek:

not my style mate, diynot will just have to get more tilers onboard, :LOL:

no offence to all you guys on ere just havin a laugh now so dont go "bitting me head off". ;)

thank you richard. i read somewhere that i may be able to use clear nail varnish to seal would this be a possible solution? i wasnt to keen on that but i thought of perhasp using silicone and spreading it into the crackline and cleaning of with a fugi kit. would that do the trick

wish i could put it, as nice as you...rich ;)
Aw shucks :oops: ; but you can & do ;)

I got my suspicions about you M8; style is everything :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

so what are your suspicions you have of me? ;)
Ahh now, I think that COULD give a whole lot more away :LOL:

But what on earth are you doing with your FINGER ;) maybe I shouldn't ask :LOL:

that will be the FINGER i type with bud..lol

so enlighten me here...what more COULD give away... :?: you got me ere mate.. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back