Cracks in Artex Wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am new to the site so apologies if posting in the wrong area. Recently bought a house at the start of the year and had a full structural survey done which came up with no real issues.

I have noticed now over the last few weeks a crack developing on the landing near to where the wall meets the ceiling - this is a horizontal crack and has got bigger over the last few weeks (bigger in terms of the length it goes across the wall not so much the gap getting bigger - I know this as I marked where it ended and have seen it increase).

The wall is all Artexed and the plan was eventually to have this skimmed over. However since noticing this I have now been looking all over the house to see if I can see any other cracks developing and have noticed the odd bits (mainly around the same area (stairs / hall / landing etc) within the artex.

I know it is hard to say without seeing this but is this something i should be worried about? I have noticed that on the bottom corner of the house (where these cracks would appear to run to) needs repointing as I could put my fingers a good couple of inches in before i touch any mortar. Could this be the reason for the cracks? I am getting this done this week but obviously concerned with it been our first home that there is something more sinister to be worried about.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Nothing to worry about - it`s the poxy dry summer we`ve had - I`ve has a path move 1" from the house wall , and several cracks in the older part of the house - it`ll all go back in the winter - and if that`s dry we`ll have a hosepipe ban next year ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back