Cracks in wall after loft conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First time poster so forgiveness required if posting in wrong section!

How worried should I be about these cracks in the walls? Had a loft done 2 years ago (I know I know, other stuff got in the way) and have seen these cracks appear. One is above bedroom doorframe on both sides (similar place) and the other below window front bedroom wall.

Advice needed before moving on to other work. Arse and elbow not familiar with each other!

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20200908_074526.jpg
    IMG_20200908_074526.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 463
Sponsored Links
gooders73, good evening.

If no one else does Welcome to the board!!

A couple of things?

The crack appears "Vertical" indicating it may "simply" be a crack that has formed between two plasterboard sheets??

Any possibility please of more images? of the cracks both close up [as posted] and a wee bit further away??

Ken.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the welcome. Here's a shot of the other crack. Has a similar but slightly thinner crack running a similar route on the other side of the wall (hard to get a clear image of that one).

Simon

Attachments

• IMG_20200917_071156.jpg
    IMG_20200917_071156.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 420
Sponsored Links
Simon, good evening again.

Personally I would not be concerned by either crack.

The one behind the Rad? when you tap the wall does it sound hollow, indicating plasterboard? not the easiest place to fill, the Rad is simply in the way.

As for the second crack you posted as above, no cause for concern, as a matter of interest? on the second crack, is it appearing on the other side of the wall? As a matter of interest when was the room last decorated? such cracks can / do form if the wall was skimmed ?

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back