Linear cracks in doorframe

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi and sorry if this is a silly question - but how concerning are these cracks in the doorframe?

IMG20201210150022.jpg

IMG20201210150032.jpg

Similar ones can be found on the other (right) side of the doorframe as well as on the other face of the door - likewise on both left and right sides.

There are no visible cracks in the wall proper except for a realllly thin one (hair's width or so) extending some ways from the top-left corner of the doorframe which I only discovered after actively looking for one.

No idea if there's any along the top of the doorframe.

There are 4-5 floors above me and one below.

Thank you for any replies!

Sponsored Links
Do you argue and slam doors a lot?

New build, new cracks, all doors etc?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply. No I do not - maybe the wind did slam it a few times. So it's safe from a structural point of view? Also, no idea when they first showed up

OK then, this type of cracking is normally related to the frame installation (loose) or normal plaster shrinkage (new builds or after the heating is cranked up).
Not structural movement - that will show up as cracks above the frame or distorted frame (uneven gaps between door and frame)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back