cracks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right sorry but this has prob been covered loads but I cant find anything specific on here... Well we've got a victorian house that I have done loads of work on. Now we keep getting re occurring cracks that I have filled but come back. Now most of them are internal walls and are pretty fine. NOw I am about to redecorate a room and wanted some thoughts on how to cure them b4 I paint. Thanks Dave

Sponsored Links
Where abouts are the cracks in the room ie corners,ceilings,window walls,gable walls and so on , how quick are they re-appearing?

sorry I thought I put that info internal walls some towards the corners some on flat walls they reappear within 12 months or more. I am pretty sure all is well as I had a survey fairly recently and we are a mid terrace.
he one crack is in the front room but is on a n internal wall between me and the neighbour. Got to say he has got a similar crack upstairs on the same wall as me......?
Anyway any help great D

Sponsored Links
I know it`s a cliche, but ......paper over the cracks :rolleyes: ...check with the decorators forum to be sure ;)

They may be season movement cracks. You'll need to fill or cover them with something fairly flexible.

If the flexible decorators caulk does not work use mastic but only if you are papering over the top as paint alone will not adhere to mastic. Wet a scraper and smooth over the mastic. Make sure you rake out the crack first to get a better depth of mastic into the crack.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back