Crazed bathroom walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi anyone have any advice on how to sort out crazed walls in a bathroom witch have been painted with vinyl matt over silk and crazed,they were done a few years ago by the previous owner of the property,I would normally have no problem lining them,but it is not possible because of it being in a bathroom which has been turned into a wetroom many thanks

Sponsored Links
Use a oil based undercoat to seal it, then I would use a caulking blade to fill In the remaining cracks with filler or joint filler then sand with fine paper, make the first coat of paint a thinned Matt emulsion

Just make sure the paint that is crazed is not flaking anywhere first if it is then scrap the loose and rub down first you may well get away without using the undercoat but just to be on the safe side of things I would you could even do the filling first then undercoat which you would then not need the thinned emulsion as the first coat

Sponsored Links
Alternatively hire/borrow/steal a decent random orbital sander and use 180 grit paper to sand it flat.

I am slightly concerned, you say that it is a wet room, will the walls get wet on a regular basis?

Alternatively hire/borrow/steal a decent random orbital sander and use 180 grit paper to sand it flat.

I am slightly concerned, you say that it is a wet room, will the walls get wet on a regular basis?
didn't really pick up on it being a wet room, a good proportion should be tiled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back