creating a fall on a concrete terrace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a raised (6 ft) terrace with steps leading to it and a 3 ft wall around its edge. It has a tiled roof over half of its area. I intend to tile the area with swimming pool class tiles. However, there is insufficient fall in the floor and rain water collects in one corner whereas it should exit by at drain in the centre line. I am planning to crate a fall to the drain using 4:1 sharp sand and cement with a maximum thickness of 1 inch feathered out to zero at its extremity. I would like to commence tiling as soon as the cement levelling appears dry. Does anyone have any contrary thoughts?
Thanks
Lemere

Sponsored Links
i would be inclined to lay 2" down to a minimum of 1" as feathering to nowt may lead to the screed breaking up.

once tiled over, the screed will stabilize.

if it is hot and dry, soak the surface with water first and keep the screed covered with wet sacking.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back