Creating a small office/gym in detached garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we have a detached double garage and I am wanting to create a small (8ft x 8ft) “box” to use as a home office when working from home, and as a gym. Will be relatively temporary

Planning to use 63mm CLS studwork, with 12.5mm plasterboard on each side. Not bothering with skimming etc. 3 walls will be internal, one will be external, against the single skin garage wall. Am I right in thinking I need a damp proof membrane here? I have a load of rockwool left over from doing our loft, so was planning to put this in the walls too.

Whole garage ceiling is already done in t&g chipboard, so will be adding some rockwool above this.

Garage floor is concrete, what would be the best way to insulate this a little? Again, I assume a plastic sheet damp proof is needed?

Thanks, any advice appreciated.

G

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back