Lining walls of outhouse (ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys.
In the next couple of months I’m planning on converting 50% of my garage to a home office and somewhere to setup my home brewery equipment.
I’ll be keeping the garage door but plan to have a stud wall with a door so I can access both parts of the garage. The part of the garage that I want converted also has an access door which leads to the back garden.
The garage is 70% attached to the house and is also connected to my neighbours garage so both side walls are breeze block. The back wall is double skin standard brick.

I only want to use this as an office in the summer so I don’t require heating etc although I have electrics and lighting in there already and I have a plug in radiator that I can use.

I’m going to start getting some stuff ordered and wondered if the list below would be a good start?

I’m planning on splitting the garage 50/50 so the space will be 8ft x 8ft.

Here is my shopping list based on having the struts 400mm apart.

38 - 38x63x2400mm studwork csl timber
8 - 2400mm x 1200mm x 25mm polystyrene
4 - 2400mm x 600mm x 18mm t&g chipboard flooring
8 - 2440mm x 1220mm x 11mm osb 3

Would you recommend the same polystyrene insulation for the flooring under the chipboard or shall I get a few rolls of standard loft insulation? Also for the ceiling?

Any advice appreciated but this is a very low budget conversion. My basket total for that was £366. I’m hoping to get an internal door and few other bits for free to bring down the costs.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 3709420122.jpg
    iOS Image - 3709420122.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 141
Sponsored Links
Polystyrene be fine, but make sure there is a membrane between it and the concrete floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back