Creating a wet room area slope in concrete floor avoiding enveloped tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a screeded concrete floor in my bathroom and instead of a conventional shower tray I want to have a wet room style linear drain floor. The area I am using is a corner and I have found linear former trays but they all require an envelope style tiling system. The area I want to slope is 1200 x 900 and wondered if it would be possible to just grind a slope out of the existing concrete and then tank and tile placing the linear drain right against the wall so I would then be able to tile "normally" down the slope to the drain. I understand there would be a lip on the edge but this difference in height would be catered for with a 1200 screen. Any thoughts on why this could or could not be done?

Thank you :)

Sponsored Links
Hi foxhole, many thanks for taking the time to reply!

I had looked at those trays and quite tempted but I am wondering if I actually need one? If I were to create that gradient myself by grinding and then tanking the floor would that be ok? just making sure I am not missing anything as it would save nearly £300 on those trays

Cheers!

I just spoke to wetroomdesign (online chat) about this item and although it appears to me that the item you linked to has no diagonal lines on it he assures me it has! if you look at the other trays they sell you can clearly see the diagonal lines but this one has nothing, it looks flat so I am not sure if they or me is wrong!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, that is another possibility now thrown in the pot! :) I would personally prefer to have the drain at the end as it would be less work to chase out but it is certainly worth a thought thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back