1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Mortar or Concrete bed? For sloped shower pan.

Discussion in 'Building' started by MissBuilding1975, 3 Sep 2021.

1. MissBuilding1975

MissBuilding1975

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi All,

Just finishing my wet room. I have a linear drain in the end embedded and secured levelled into the concrete floor. I am now ready to do the wet room slope pan. I have placed two pieces of strip wood on each side and raised them accordingly to my slope measurements. I will use these strip woods to screed level the slope.

Because the floor is a concrete base. Should I pour a ready mixed concrete bag instead of making a mixed mortar of only sharp sand & cement.

I feel concrete has higher strength than a mixed mortar. Especially with concretes addition of other additives. As long as I mix it to a consistency that holds but is not runny.

if not, then what would you do?

Your thoughts on this. Photos below. Thank you in advance to all.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Swwils

Swwils

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    What is making this area waterproof?

4. MissBuilding1975

MissBuilding1975

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    @Swwils I will be Tanking the whole room with aqua seal. Double coat. After I have done the slope.

Your thoughts concerning the slope bed?

Thanks.

5. Swwils

Swwils

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I don't understand why you didn't just use a preformed element to match walls, if anything to aid your tiler.

6. MissBuilding1975

MissBuilding1975

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    A preformed element to match walls? What you mean? . I'm Tanking the walls and part floors and then ditra matting the floor after the slope is done. . What I have done does aid a tiler.. I used tile backerboard etc.. And full Tanking. It's a wetroom mate.

Your not answering the actual thread mate, more questioning the work I've done. So kindly either could you do that or not should you not know the answer. Thanks.

7. Swwils

Swwils

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  8. Swwils

Swwils

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Also in your current drain position
    - how will you be able to get the tile cover off after you have tiled the blocks? Looks like it will overhang it by some when accommodating adhesive and thickness of tile.

9. Sponsored Links