Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Just finishing my wet room. I have a linear drain in the end embedded and secured levelled into the concrete floor. I am now ready to do the wet room slope pan. I have placed two pieces of strip wood on each side and raised them accordingly to my slope measurements. I will use these strip woods to screed level the slope.

Because the floor is a concrete base. Should I pour a ready mixed concrete bag instead of making a mixed mortar of only sharp sand & cement.

I feel concrete has higher strength than a mixed mortar. Especially with concretes addition of other additives. As long as I mix it to a consistency that holds but is not runny.

if not, then what would you do?

Your thoughts on this. Photos below. Thank you in advance to all.

GqDmZ5X.jpg

FXaW1WC.jpg

Sponsored Links
I don't understand why you didn't just use a preformed element to match walls, if anything to aid your tiler.

Sponsored Links
I don't understand why you didn't just use a preformed element to match walls, if anything to aid your tiler.
A preformed element to match walls? What you mean? . I'm Tanking the walls and part floors and then ditra matting the floor after the slope is done. . What I have done does aid a tiler.. I used tile backerboard etc.. And full Tanking. It's a wetroom mate.

Your not answering the actual thread mate, more questioning the work I've done. So kindly either could you do that or not should you not know the answer. Thanks.

Also in your current drain position
- how will you be able to get the tile cover off after you have tiled the blocks? Looks like it will overhang it by some when accommodating adhesive and thickness of tile.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back