Creative ways to minimise combi boiler exhaust

Sponsored Links
Can anyone suggest any technical reason why there should be a minimum of 500 mm between the PMK elbows?

Sponsored Links
Can anyone suggest any technical reason why there should be a minimum of 500 mm between the PMK elbows?

Not in the open forum they can't, no. It's in the manufacturers' instructions, so it needs to be complied with

Not in the open forum they can't, no. It's in the manufacturers' instructions, so it needs to be complied with

Why cant reasons for such a rule be discussed. Surely we are just talking about discussing the reason from a physics or chemical perspective. Unless you are indicating that the rule isn't based on any functional reason, and that the rule is therefore defunct.

Bloody hell, I see a lot of pointless PMKs on woofter round here, without 500mm between the elbows!!! Someone seems to love doing it! :eek: I didn't know it was a no no

Tidy your garden up or are you trying to get on Neighbours from Hell programme?
Only joking.
Jeff

I know it is disappointing. Thankfully they are very understanding and glad we are renovating it. The skip will arrive soon, but probably after we have removed the bathrooms.

The reason you need the distance between the elbows is to stop the air inlet from drawing in vitiated air from the PMK outlet.

In the scenario pictured you can see exactly why this would be an issue, and why Worcester are worried about the minimum distance off the outlet.

flue heat recovery systems can minimise pluming , would cost a few squid though .

The reason you need the distance between the elbows is to stop the air inlet from drawing in vitiated air from the PMK outlet.

In the scenario pictured you can see exactly why this would be an issue, and why Worcester are worried about the minimum distance off the outlet.

I was also told this, but if you think, a std flue is about 10mm away, makes me wonder !!!

I can't really see why it is affecting them anyway, seen worse. just tell them it can't be done. I would think it affects the people upstairs more.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back