Creda 79141 storage heater not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi group, the mother in laws has a problem with one of her storage heaters, it’s a Creda 79141, basically its not heating up, last year when I took a quick look at it everything appeared fine except for the excessive amount of dust that had accumulated. I hoovered it clean and the next day she was delighted as it had started working again, I’m going to buy a spare thermostat and heating element and take them with me next time I visit (she lives 2.5hrs away and is in tier 3 lockdown at the moment) My question is, does anyone know how many heating elements the unit has, as I don’t want to have to do the journey twice.

Thinks I checked last year

Power getting to unit, red thermal fuse intact, thermostat reset OK

TIA, Otto in West Cumbria

Sponsored Links
Can you confirm the wattage of the heater?

A 1.7kW heater has two elements.

With the power completely and safely turned off, a simple continuity test between L and N on the OUTGOING terminals at the wall switch (switch in off position) should give an indication if the heater will work.

If there is continuity, there is a complete circuit within the heater, meaning the thermal cut out and controller are ok.

Not a very scientific answer, keeping it simple.

Sponsored Links
Elements rarely go and always there is more than 1, so I wouldnt buy an element yet, if your model has a reset then check that first, google will help you do that

Thanks for all the advice guys, the mother in law contacted me this morning to tell me it's working again, no one has touched it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back