Creda T632CW tumble dryer intermittently heating the air

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. My first action, following research, was to replace the two thermostats at the back of the dryer. Unfortunately this did not fix the intermittent problem. I proved that the heater element was working OK, and that the element was getting 240v during a drying cycle. Whilst carrying out this test I noticed that the meter reading was showing the voltage disappearing at the same time as some relay clicking away on the control board mounted in the right side near the top front.
Can anybody point the way forward? It seems that there might be another sensor in the drum at the front, could this be intermittently cutting the power to the heating element. I've found it as a spare part online but I haven't found it mentioned in any forums.

Sponsored Links
The relay is supposed to cut the heater as when it goes into reverse. If it's drying and the condenser is clean then there's no fault.

Thanks for your quick reply. I can see that when the drum reverses, the power is cut to the element, it's just that it is also being cut during the normal cycle. In some cases it never dries clothes as the heater never comes on.
Do you know what the purpose of the front thermostat is and does this cut the power to the heater element when activated? Can this be faulty?

The front stat is the exhaust stat never replaced them they are very reliable. The heater does go on and off it cycles during drying it never stays on all the time. Is the condenser clean is it on for short drying times , increase the time see how it goes.

Sponsored Links
Thanks again Rocks. Yes the condenser is clean. The last load of towels dried OK, after my strip down. I'll have to see how the next couple of loads go. I'll ignore the front (exhaust) thermostat for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back