Credit Cards

• Thread starter david and julie
  • Start date
D

david and julie

I was listening to Martin Lewis on the radio today talking about credit card incentive schemes. Apparently some firms are offering the difference back if you find the same thing cheaper within a certain time. This explains.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1100699518,54220,

Apparently on a couple of the cards they have dropped one and failed to include online and the January sales in the offer.

If anyone is considering any big presents etc it would be worth getting a card, you never know.

Sponsored Links
Was that Mr Lewis on radio 2 who thinks that by saving a tenner it will make you rich?????????? : ;)

Your missing the point here jasy.

It isn't about saving a tenner, he was talking about things you are going to buy anyway.

It isn't unusual for the big stores to offer loss leaders during the January sales, If you bought everything for Christmas with one these cards you get the difference back for nothing.

If you are lucky you may find something you have bought is one or more of these loss leaders, in which case the savings could be worthwhile.

having listened to him, i cant but help agree with his sentiment of screwing the credit card companies back whenevr you can. Some of the tips on the website are only worth a few pence, but i saved £75 on my car insurance by following the advice on the website, by going back to my existing company who had quoted me higher on the renewal notice

Thermo

Sponsored Links
Anyone willing to give a bit of time and be totally organised can utilise the many card offers to their benefit. The frightening thing is, that so many people don't even bother to check balance, just pay back minimum per month etc ... I guess there are plenty who never check their bank statements properly ... using debit card doesn't have the enhancement of the old cheque stub..
;)

pipme said:
using debit card doesn't have the enhancement of the old cheque stub..
;)

As a drunk man once told me... "Never use your Switch card whilst dr... dr... drunk..."

I have been known to buy things from the net that I don't really need after coming home pi**ed, plastic makes it far too easy!

we all end up with things we don't need!

What do you mean you're not married? :LOL:

kendor said:
we all end up with things we don't need!

Last time I did this I bought:

1x Binary watch (shows the time in binary via a sequence of blue LEDs... the worrying thing is I can read it as quickly as an ordinary watch!)
2x Plasma mugs (You know those electric plasma ball things? Think of that, but the shape of a mug and you can drink out of it)
1x Green laser (this is frankly very cool, I admit)

Wouldn't be so bad but I ordered the lot from the USA when I did it! Intercontinental Ball-pis*ed-*hic* Shopping, and I got a phonecall from a guy in the postroom at work to tell me there was a plain brown box for me, labelled "Merchandise and novelties" Oo-err! :LOL:

Two weeks ago (when vertical didn't quite seem like 90 degrees to the floor) I came very close to buying a harpsichord off ebay because it seemed like a good idea. Luckily after reading into that particular manufacturer I thought "No, buying a harpsichord made by THAT company that would be a SILLY thing to do"... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back