CREDIT CRUNCH

L

LooPrEvil

We have been in this position now for the past 2 to 3 years. How much longer will it last, with continuing job loses, rising prices, deteriorating services, higher taxations etc?

I think we still have a further 2 to 3 years of it :(

Sponsored Links
I've heard the worst is yet to come, starting this winter with huge gas and electric bills.

Andy

well job losses is only thing your wrong on
their empolyed people know than the start
but as will be pointed out most of them are immgrants who got thoose jobs

Sponsored Links
Low growth but sustainable.
Thats the forecast for Irelands future and its appropiate for the UK also and many other western nations.
That means living within our means and with what we can afford.
The people and the government haven't grasped it though and think some economic miracle is going to happen. It won't and will probably be the opposite as HD2010 states.

Biggest problem we have though, is a government who want the rich to hold on to their lucre.. So who do you think will suffer most with the cutbacks and the increases in prices? Hmmmmmm,, that would be us working class..
There again, would you want Labour spending money, the country neither has nor can earn, creating jobs no one wants (apart from immigrants) and still encouraging asylum seekers to enter here for the benefits they so richly don't deserve?

Not going to comment on the current recession/financial crisis, but a member on another forum that I frequent reckons there's something brewing in China which will dwarf anything we've seen so far.

Apparently the official figure for inflation there is ~5%, whereas the actual figure is closer to 20%. What knock-on effect this will have on everyone else I don't know.

Again, this is just an opinion (but the opinion of someone who apprently works as a financial analyst for a rather large organisation). Whether it's true, or even if anything will happen remains to be seen!

I do not dispute what you EngStu but if that member had such knowledge of the situation in China, would he not be reporting it to the media to make himself a small fortune?

If he is right lets hope it was not the hosting of the Olympic Games that caused the situation - cos we are next!! :cry:

The recession seems to be working in my favour, companies who once hired large contractors for everything from changing a light bulb to fitting a soap dispenser are ringing me up.

I have never had so much work. :LOL:

The recession seems to be working in my favour, companies who once hired large contractors for everything from changing a light bulb to fitting a soap dispenser are ringing me up.

I have never had so much work. :LOL:

Yes those shelves won't put themselves up will they? An unskilled labourer is always going to be cheaper than a skilled, qualified tradesman who invests in his professional qualifications, tools and is a member of trade associations etc etc.

A "handyman" is another way of saying failed tradesman with very limited intelligence.

A "handyman" is another way of saying failed tradesman with very limited intelligence.

Aren't you a plumber?

2q07j9i.gif

I do not dispute what you EngStu but if that member had such knowledge of the situation in China, would he not be reporting it to the media to make himself a small fortune?

If he is right lets hope it was not the hosting of the Olympic Games that caused the situation - cos we are next!! :cry:

I've no idea, I think he was asked by his company to research it & report his findings. A quick Google search suggests inflation is higher than reported. ;)

I'm not a plumber but very similar. Aren't you a soap dodger with little chance of meaningfull employment and large debts when you get out of uni?
:LOL:

What's wrong with being a plumber? Pimlico plumbers seem to get by. ;) Many plumbers build business's worth millions.

Sponsored Links
Back