CREDIT CRUNCH

I'm not a plumber but very similar. Aren't you a soap dodger with little chance of meaningfull employment and large debts when you get out of uni?
:LOL:

Let me guess - gas fitter?

Getting closer. Nothing wrong with studying at uni if it leads to a good career but don't look down on the humble plumber, it's a very technical and well paid job. ;)

Sponsored Links
I wouldn't under estimate handymen.
I know an electronics graduate who became a refrigeration service technician with no training and then project management in the same field, then a tiler, spark, builder, joiner and general handyman and then back to project management.
Haven't been in contact with him for a while though. Probably handymanning again to relieve the stress.

As a former electrician I will always look down on the humble plumber. ;)

Sponsored Links
I'm trying to think of various acronyms and can't figure out what ccc or cc may stand for?

I'm trying to think of various acronyms and can't figure out what ccc or cc may stand for?

I think its course cowboy and career change cowboy!!

It'd have to be CC then, I presume. The Screwfix forum has CC and CCC down as none-time served. By the 'traditional' way of doing things I suppose that's correct, though I worked my way through college with jobs relevant to what I was studying. In the end I got sick of the uncertainty of not being constantly employed and got myself into Uni to study, shock, horror, electronics engineering.

I might have to start putting CC after my name. EngStudent CC. It has a certain ring to it. :D

creditcrunch/ taxpayers alliance.

never heard of the two before until the media told the majority whats what.

was hard for the first year but for a reason unknown to me work began to pick up since new year onwards (ish) and am now flat out. working with and for good people who understand things are the way they are and why people are doing what they are doing for what they are ;)

no doubt when the house is back in order the likes of mr chancer will worm his way through again and it all goes tits up yet again.

i cant help but think there is something to be learnt there for some people.

I noted somehwere that a policeman without overtime can pick up around the 32,000 mark.

summet aint right with that on so many levels...

BUT for the very reason why i found this forum in the first place the mind is still boggled.
Someone needs to explain to me how these recruitment agencies are STILL to this day around, maybe it has something to with that boll. ox being churned out on bbc2 the other day about Britain's main role in the world to day to remain an economic power is to move more heavily into services. (As in sales!)

fook me!!!

There aint a recession, as they'd have us believe.... there is a problem where big business's and governments have gone bust. But unlike the old style recession where people were skint and scratting around for food... half the people these days have lots of money (like the lucky scottish gits with £166m !!) and the rest of us have credit cards....!

So the idea of a credit crunch is nothing more than a way of companies and employers of squeezing the population to get more cash out of them !!!

Greedy companies and employers !!! tut tut!!!

there is a problem where big business's and governments have gone bust.

Two engineering firms near my locality have went bust recently. One small and one quite large. Another concrete supply business is on the verge of going into adminstration.
Several small building companies no longer exist.

I haven't seen any big business's or governmemts going bust.
A company would have trouble squeezing more out of its employee's when it ceases to exist no matter how greedy it was.

I think you will find it's £161 million...

The old millworkers, have turned into call centres, that were both farmed off to India, in the 1900's and the 2000's, but it seems that people are fed up with not being able to understand the accent of a call centre, offshore, so they seem to be returning to the UK slowly.

But, It seems, that for economic growth, is to UNINVENT something, and get more labour in to complete the job. If a robot in a factory costs £1 million, if you employ people to do that job, it doesn't cost the same? To recoup the same investment? Uninvent it. Same as Concorde, and the Bugatti Veyron.

The population, 100 years ago was 30 million, in the 1930's there was an economic crash, many people worked in cotton, or textile industry. Today there is double that 62 million, there is no industry for them to go into, no apprentaships, (sp), no training schemes...the country has no future.

There are still apprenticeships available.

Call centres are coming back to the UK.

Many people are now employed in services & ICT - ICT was unheard of in the 1930s - SMELL THE COFFEE.

Sponsored Links
Back