Crime for one day a year was legal????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting stuff.

Just spotted a film (haven't seen it). The Idea is, for one day only, every year, any crime you want to commit will be ok in the eyes of the law.

The options must be endless for some people.

This got me thinking.

Would anarchy and scum win..... or would decent people have a chance to eradicate the flumps by protecting homes and family, streets, workplace, homeland, that kind of thing.?????

Hypothetically what would you use the one day law for.????

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Interesting stuff.

Just spotted a film (haven't seen it). The Idea is, for one day only, every year, any crime you want to commit will be ok in the eyes of the law.

The options must be endless for some people.

This got me thinking.

Would anarchy and scum win..... or would decent people have a chance to eradicate the flumps by protecting homes and family, streets, workplace, homeland, that kind of thing.?????

Hypothetically what would you use the one day law for.????

I believe it's a rubbish film but if it ever happened imagine the queue of tooled up neighbours outside peterpizzpots house with deadly intent.
He'd have to have a nuclear bunker built. :LOL: :LOL:

I believe it's a rubbish film but if it ever happened imagine the queue of tooled up neighbours outside peterpizzpots house with deadly intent.
He'd have to have a nuclear bunker built. :LOL: :LOL:

You're starting to like him too much sooey :D

The point is though.....If it all went pears one day of the year, Would you take retribution or defend.

I might see the film now.
I find the concept really interesting.

Would people take the opportunity to kill their ex wives for example???.

Or the irresponsible cat owner next door????

Or defend their home and family for their lives.????

Interesting stuff.

From the Sunday paper many years ago: Justice becomes revenge when it starts being fun.

Does it all happen on the same day or can each persons day be different? :?:

Does it all happen on the same day or can each persons day be different? :?:

Same day. A period of twelve hours.

The banks would take all the money out of the vaults, that's a given. Electrical shops in Brixton and Tottenham would suffer from plasmas going missing (another given), petrol stations would have armed guards.

I wondered though, whether in the pursuit of defending their home would the do-gooders of this world alter their moral code. Would they kill for example.

I'm not sure what making crime legal for a day in this way would achieve.

Personally, I think a better idea would be to make use of football stadia for one day a week and invite any group who wished to attend - football hooligans, muslims, the EDL and BNP - to come along and sort out their differences without any threat of intervention by the police. Just lock the gates and let them get on with it. They could even televise it.

Of course, there would be no intervention by ambulance staff or paramedics either. Just bulldozers to pick up and take away the corpses!

I'm not sure what making crime legal for a day in this way would achieve.

Personally, I think a better idea would be to make use of football stadia for one day a week and invite any group who wished to attend - football hooligans, muslims, the EDL and BNP - to come along and sort out their differences without any threat of intervention by the police. Just lock the gates and let them get on with it. They could even televise it.

Of course, there would be no intervention by ambulance staff or paramedics either. Just bulldozers to pick up and take away the corpses!

I like it. :D

But I was thinking more along the lines of decent people, for once, having the opportunity to blow a few scumbags away without fear of criminal prosecution. But would they???

Would their ingrained morality change when 10 intruders broke into their house robbing and raping their family???

For argument sake it could be said that it was quite possibly the only chance the decent man on the street has to fight back???

What going on PCSO Bean?

Usually with your crackpot ideas you sober up and there's a hasty editing of yer posts.

This looney suggestion is still going strong 24 hours after you started the thread. You on a stag weekend?

What going on PCSO Bean?

Usually with your crackpot ideas you sober up and there's a hasty editing of yer posts.

This looney suggestion is still going strong 24 hours after you started the thread. You on a stag weekend?

I've missed you chapeau.

I see you've taken my advice and added a bit of humour to your posts. :LOL: :LOL:

Well Mr Bean.

All you need to do is accept that the police are not above the law and I suspect we could agree on a lot of things over a pint.

But you do have strange fantasies about hanging shoplifters and young lads who play football on the village green. Most normal men fantasise about sheds, everlasting glasses of beer and blondes with unfeasibly large boobies. When are you going to join the real world?

Sponsored Links
Back