Criminals roaming the streets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It be beggars believe ( once again ) to what degree the incompetence of civil servants goes.

1000 criminals released and still on the run is bad enough as it is.

But what is really astonishing, is their proud claim that 99% got locked up again.

Two things they seem to forget.

1. A significant number of them only returned after an expensive search, and far too late. How many burglaries, assaults, killings or rapes did they commit during that time?

2. It also means that 119.000 criminals were released, who clearly should have stayed locked up. How many burglaries, assaults, killings or rapes did they commit during that time?

The correct way of putting this would have been:

"We blundered massively 119.000 times, endangering the taxpayer by releasing criminals that were clearly not rehabilitated
To add insult to injury, in 1000 cases we completely failed to correct that mistake."

Just imagine I did that in my work.

After working on a boiler, I left it leaking gas 119.000 times. But I am quite wonderful, because in only 1000 cases did I not manage to repair the leak afterward, and fewer than 200 times did that lead to casualties.

There is only one word for them, and it rhymes with hunts.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110428/tuk-police-hunt-for-1-000-freed-inmates-6323e80.html

Sponsored Links
Back