Crimping Help

Not all butt connectors need crimping Durite 0-001-92 and 0-001-93 for 1.8 - 2.5mm² and 2.4 - 4.5mm² are heat shrink solder types although I had always considered Durite as a auto electrics supplier.

Since it would seem only extending within the socket box then WAGO connectors would be the way to go.

I have had problems with pre-insulated crimps with solid wires but the un-insulated types seem to be OK I have used them on 50mm Alloy without problems they were special for the cable and shaped to fit but as a result can't see the regulations saying not for use with solid that would be down to manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies regarding this question, they have been most helpful. I’ve decided to experiment with both options that are now open to me and have invested in a decent pair of ratchet crimping pliers (CK), as I will also have use for them for other projects (using stranded cables).
I have read elsewhere that not all crimps are equal so the tool is only half the story and the brand SWA crimps seems popular. I was wondering if this could be confirmed and this being the case where would be the best place for me to purchase considering I don’t require a great quantity. It seems I need the blue for the job in hand but I would also like to buy an assortment pack for future use. Any help that could be given would be appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back