Crown fastflow quick dry satin... very shiny

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can any decorator types help me with this please?

I’ve been painting a cabinet in Crown fastflow quick dry satin and I’m not that happy with the result.

The cabinet is mid century teak veneered, gave it a sanding, clean and two coats of zinsser.

Applied two coats of Satin and the finish is poor. Can see all the brush marks and the white zinsser showing through. Got a decent New brush.

It’s also has a high sheen, which I thought it wouldn’t have, will this die down to be more like eggshell?

Sponsored Links
Need thinker coat. Need to apply almost to the point it will run so it can level out.
Do a side at a time with surface at horizontal position and let it dry off. Flip and paint another side.
Apply with roller then brush finish will may be easier.
Waterbased sheen may fade over a few weeks but eggshell is more popular on furniture

you havnt mixed it enough.

i had the same with zinsser perma white not long ago

Oh poo:(

Was thinking what the hell is a thinker coat... thicker got it.

What rollers are fave of the day at the moment, I used a foam to start, but thought it was very dimple-y.

Thanks chaps.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back