Crown matt emulsion!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is this paint really carp or have I just got a bad batch.... white walls...already white so I sanded them down -fist coat-ok still see sandmarks- second coat after drying you can still see them -now annoyed.. after third coat the sandmarks are still visible.. paint to be abandoned and never used again... what is a good white emulsion

Sponsored Links
I've been using the same paint for the same purpose as you and mine has been fine, mist coat on bare/filled and sanded down plaster , then two coats of undiluted paint and job done !!
Maybe the mist coat was thinned a tad too much and caused it to be less opaque?

I've used it too and it was much better than dulux is now.
You say sandmarks, did you use the wrong grade sandpaper?

I've used certain Crown white emulsaions (DIY quality?) and it was AWFUL - just as you describe. It just didn't cover anything at all.

Yet i've also used a Crown obliterating emulsion, white, and it covered everything.

It helps if 'Trade' or something else professional-sounding is written on the paint cans, it seems...

Sponsored Links
It helps if 'Trade' or something else professional-sounding is written on the paint cans, it seems...

It tends to be thicker, and richer in pigment. Hence why 98% of the time two coats of trade and job is finished.

Some DIY paints have the consistency of milk, and are absolute rubbish.

It does sound as if you've used a large grit sand paper (60 or 80) and have marked the surface more than the paint can infill. Use either a fine surface filler, or sand back with an orbital sander using 120g or HIGHER.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back