CU Upgrade and Storage Heaters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just a question regarding the best set up for new CU's when storage heaters are still in use.

The existing set up is the standard two Wylex boards, one for storage heaters one for rest of property.

Would you fit two new CU's and also an isolator up front for the whole installation or is there a better way to do it?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
You don't say whether the storage heaters are off peak, but if so they will have to be in separate CU, with off peak supply to it

SB

A single 4 pole isolator can be used to isolate the whole lot at once.

Sponsored Links
You can get dual tarrif boards specifically for this, but it is no different to two seperate boards really.

Wow thought this was my next job for a minute!!

I am changing CU with storage heaters on seperate wylex board, not Econ 7 thou, there are two very old looking mechanical timers that the customer wants replacing

Any suggestions what would be a good replacement for the timers anyone???

there are two very old looking mechanical timers that the customer wants replacing

Not like these by any chance?

SGS254.JPG

If they are sangamo clocks that are in at the moment, then I'd be tempted to leave them.

They are very reliable, and last for years and years and years and years.

If space is at a premium, then you could get a nice little DIN rail monted programmer switching a DIN rail mounted contactor, and fit it all into the CU.

Cheers RF, I think i'll keep these in then and try to source some new covers.

They are currently 3 inches off the ground in the pantry and the blokes misses 'launches' stuff in without a care, how on earth they have remained on the board I've no idea!!

I intend to bring them up about 1.5m where the old fella can reach them without having to get on his hands and knees. 68, bad heart and stands 6feet 3inches tall, ex 'black watch' NO MESSING with him.

He wants a full re-wire but is waiting for the bank to return ALOT of money they have 'miss placed'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back