Cup Joint?!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know or heard about a cup joint using a "viking couling" and if so where can i get one from and is the jointing method the same as a capillary copper fitting. i recently done some gas work on a lead pipe(after the meter) in which i converted it to copper. know to my knowledge the fitting i used was only suitable for water and was labelled NCS. gas safe have told me that there is an old cup joint method that older installers would know about.?

Sponsored Links
Used to do lots in days gone.
Open the compo with a turnpin to make a bell shape.tin a piece of copper and tap into compo add flux then fill with stick solder.
If you roughen the end of the copper before tapping into the lead it stays put while soldering.

Used to do lots in days gone.Open the compo with a turnpin to make a bell shape.tin a piece of copper and tap into compo add flux then fill with stick solder.
If you roughen the end of the copper before tapping into the lead it stays put while soldering.

Ooohh. happy days

Sponsored Links
About half the work involved in a proper wiped joint for Plumbing - nothing changes :rolleyes: .Only Gas Safe registration

There's a firm Viking Johnson who make and supply pipe couplings.
Had a look on their website but could not see anything relating to lead pipe.

vjs are unsuitable for gas,primofit are one maker of suitable joints,any decent plum/pipe person could knock up a tuff joint for you,its a bit naughty as the lead SHOULD be removed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back