lead to copper joints (wipe a joint)

Stick a screwdrivber in the end and wobble it about :LOL: :rolleyes:

A penknife is fine for cleaning the inside.

Sponsored Links
what if it gets stuck!!!!

and don`t carry a pen knife because they are gay.

will aquire correct tools from merchants, only to use them once very two years!

kevplumb said:
Stick a screwdrivber in the end and wobble it about icon_lol.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

try'd that once

didn't half make me eyes water tho ;)

Ooooooo don't Kev :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: reminds me when I had the catheter for a couple of months ;)

Sponsored Links
When on psychs placement there was a man who lubricated his japs eye with a can of 3 in 1.

plumber (new blood) said:
i require a gas fitter to give me a detailed description of how they would make a cup joint (lead to copper pipe) or `wipe a joint as it is also known.
I`am a qualified gas fitter but have very little experience of making cup joints as i never really come across lead gas pipes. I would be greatful for any feedback on this topic, thankyou.

A top tip from a master plumber ;)
Make the edge of the copper jagged (i tap hard around the ends with the edge of my file) and then tap and twist into the lead and it won't fall out while sweating a joint :D

Someone asked so ...........Maybe it will help with the emergency leak thread

Last edited:
One trick not mentioned, is only heating the lead up to the point where it becomes plastic, rather than free running. At the plastic temperature, the lead can be pushed into place. There is not much difference between dealing with lead gas/water pipes and the lead armoured cables I used to regularly deal with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back