Curtain poles pulled out from wall, large holes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

So as stated the curtain poles I had installed have but pulled from the wall. I've already tried a repair by screwing wood onto wallmart but even that has been damaged so now I'm left with larger holes.
1466872956511-559524288.jpg

Sponsored Links
I think its better to persevere with your timber lath really......if you can locate the timber studs behind the dry wall (that's the difficult bit) and fix the lath into them, you'll have no further problems.
John :)

Can you post a photo showing the whole window opening head?
Was the pole & curtain heavy or was it that the fixings were at fault?
Do you have p/board over studs or Dot & Dab on to masonry?
Did you know that plaster board plastic plugs are available or even small toggle bolts?
But it would help to know whats behind the board.
The curtain pole brackets will cover most holes.

Whats wallmart?

Can you post a photo showing the whole window opening head?
Was the pole & curtain heavy or was it that the fixings were at fault? I think is was both as mh wife bought new poles which are thicker and curtains are heavy.
Do you have p/board over studs or Dot & Dab on to masonry? It's dot dab onto masonry.
Did you know that plaster board plastic plugs are available or even small toggle bolts? Not sure about these?
But it would help to know whats behind the board.
The curtain pole brackets will cover most holes.

Whats wallmart? Suppose to be wall, but auto correct failed me, we are just back from Florida
1466940412668-213651455.jpg

Sponsored Links
What distance is it from the plasterboard to the masonry behind? Can't you drill direct into the brickwork, insert an 8mm plug and use a suitably long screw - maybe with a spacer so as not to crush the plasterboard?

What distance is it from the plasterboard to the masonry behind? Can't you drill direct into the brickwork, insert an 8mm plug and use a suitably long screw - maybe with a spacer so as not to crush the plasterboard?

It must be only 10-15cm from plasterboard to masonry. I have drilled into brick work but still won't hold.

What is a spacer?? sorry not heard or seen these.

If you can imagine, clamping anything up to a hollow wall will tend to distort the wall panels, so a spacer of some description, just less than the gap depth, could be inserted before the rail is screwed up tight.
With yours, I'd drill 8mm into the brickwork behind to the depth of an 8mm plug. A 50mm long screw would hold alright.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back