Curved Raised Pathway Base

gsl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I have recently turned my back garden from a lumpy sloping garden into a 2 tier garden. With the back part nice and flat and retained by railway sleepers. My problem is this. The lower tier is approx 30 cm lower than the top part. however my garden gate, ie the entry point to my garden is level with the top tier. And as space is a bit tight i want to create a curved pathway from the gate to the top garden so i dont have to use steps ( i have a wheelie bin in the back garden and steps would make it a bit difficult)

I want to make sure the path doesnt collapse when its walked on, so im thinking of a concrete base. Fixing path/lawn edging to the sides and using that to retain pebbles on the pathway.

Has anyone done this? and do they have any tips to avoid paying a fortune to get someone to do it.

I have some upvc ceiling panels that would bend to make a curve. I was thinking of fixing those to wooden battens, and then securing the batons into the ground. Filling it with postcrete and then putting stones on top. To stop the stones falling off i would use the garden edging screwed into the side of the path, ie into the concrete part.

Before (NOW) -
After (How i want it) -

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back