DECKING ON TO CONCRETE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have this god awful pathway in my back garden which runs alongside my garage. The path is about 8" above the garden surface because of the garage concrete base. I am thinking about screwing decking to the concrete path just to hide it.
If i was to do this, is there certain things i would have to use to avoid the timber from rotting because the water collected underneath the decking wouldn't have anywhere to drain to?
Would screwing the decking to the concrete be a bad idea?
If i was to do it the usual way, ie a timber frame underneath, this would raise the pathway to almost a 1ft higher than the garden surface which i dont want, a few mm higher i can take but a good few inches is out the question

Help Me Please

AndyP

Sponsored Links
buy a bag of stainless 6mm penny washers and use a few of these under each board as spacers.. ( put the screw through the middle of the washer.. )

or buy a bag of plastic shims from somewhere like screwfix.. this does the same thing and gives the advantage of being able to level the boards

a garden path made from decking could get very slippery after a few wet seasons. :eek:

Sponsored Links
screwing the boards direct to the concrete wont really work. You can use 4 x 2 on its side and then lay the boards across that. that will increse the height by 3". A normal frame will only raise it by 6" anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back