Curved wall - Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have decided to attempt a curved internal wall lining to a solid blockwork external wall. This is to be done using a gyproc curve frame, with gypsum flexible fibre board. The idea is to improve the U value of the external wall, and incorporate a 25mm airspace between the insulation and blockwork.

The problem I have now is how to insulate it. I was using 50mm Celotex between the studs for the straight sections, however am unsure how to detail the curved sections.

My thoughts were bonding mineral wool to the back of the fibre board between the studs. Would this work? and if so how is it done?

Is there a product out there such as an insulation board which can be bent to the curve of the wall?

thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Its not worth mixing the two insulation types.

Why can't the celotex be bent around the curve - is it a tight curve?

If it is, then either rib the celotex with a some saw cuts or cut it into narrower strips

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back