Customers, don't ya luv em!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to look at a floor tiling job recently. Knocked on the door and introduced myself to the couple. So far so good.

They wanted there entrance hall tiled and i gave them some ideas including leaving some tiles out in the door way to drop a door mat into. Well, with that the woman screamed (literally!) "well why don't i lay down in the door way, he treats me like a f*****g doormat".

I had obviously walked into a domestic and whilst inside i wanted to burst out laughing i couldn't. The husband looked mortified. Then she went off again. Time to leave. "Where the f***k are you going" she said. "Im not interested in your job so im leaving" i said. " You can't do that".

Anyway, i left with the husband sitting on the bottom step with his head in his hands. I had driven a small distance to look at that job and i should have been gutted but when that front door shut i could hear her tearing into her old man i burst out laughing.

Sponsored Links
Probably a lucky escape-spare a thought for her husband, poor soul.

i always misjudge that one day a month when they could stab you in the eyes with the kitchen scisors. That other day a month when they want to tear your clothes off doesn't seem to come up these days.

I had a job from hell the other day. It was for a rather posh lady in her mid 70s who was a regular customer. I arrived for a mornings work replacing the TRVs on her radiators.

This usually smartly dressed woman answered the door looking a bit dischevelled, and seemed to think I was her son. After convincing her that I was the plumber, she allowed me in, and I set about my work.

As time went on, she got worse and worse, talking gibberish and pacing up and down. After a while she started to shake and went really pale. She then mentioned that she had mixed up her sleeping tablets and tranquilisers and wasn't sure how many she had taken. She asked me to call her doctor for advice, and I suggested that she sat down in her lounge.

As I was calling the doctor, there was a loud crash from the lounge. The woman had fallen, demolishing an occasional table, and was now unconcious on the floor. I dialed 999, and they carted her away to hospital.

I decided to finish the job, but I'm still awaiting payment. Hope she pulls through, or it will play havoc with my cashflow!

Sponsored Links
I recently went to price up a job, and when I knocked on the door all i could here were the couple screaming at each other. They were going for it big time - decided that discretion was the better part of valour and retreated without even knocking on the door.

That evening I rang back to try and arrange another appointment - I was speaking to the husband when all of a sudden the wife threw something at him. The husband then told me to f off!
and hung up.

I never did get that job :D

A couple in their 60's had me doing their outside. The bloke was mad on computers always on it lol.. One day I arrived the atmosphere was electric... She made me a cuppa and didn't even say morning.. doors were slamming most of the morning. Then it all broke out.. jeeez she kicked fk out of him lol .. seems he had been up all night on the pc flight simulator game ..lol. But erm apparently he was on msn lol

Sponsored Links
Back