customers that do not pay

Touch wood only been done for fifty quid in 6 years... Had someone say once after job complete what would happen if i didn`t pay your 3k, kept straight face and replied i don`t really know what the scary people i know would do to you but i imagine it would hurt...To which they replied honest i was only joking ..But if i did ever get ripped i think that is the route i would go instead of through the courts unless the people had genuinly had something really un forseen happen to not pay me

Sponsored Links
I myself have used a debt recovery agency who take a hefty chunk :confused: maybe start to take bad payers to the small claims myself now :evil:

I have thought of going that route, (factoring) but when I looked into it it seemed more trouble than it was worth. I didn't really like the idea of putting the admin of my business in someone else's hands. Is it a factoring service you have used?

try google 'statutory demand', this is one small step away from being made bankrupt by the courts, if you check throught the list it will show that one of them will send you all the forms you need for £20.
i think im not to sure so i might be wrong, it works by,
the debt has to be over £750, the only way the customer who owes you the money can get out of it, is by bring the debt down to £750, but if someone owes you £2000, you'll be getting a lump sum of money, and thats just for them to stop that court action, you can still go for the reminding amount, throught small claims. me personally i never let a debt lie, if its £2000 or £20 you earned that money fair and square why should you walk away and be out of pocket, but i would seek legal advice even if its only from citzens advice. good luck mate

Sponsored Links
Twenty years ago, my nephew, a self-employed builder gave a guy an estimate to build a garage at £x's (I cant remember the exact amount) and said that it would take about 10 days to complete. He took only 5 days and the customer steadfastly refused to pay the agreed figure. Enter my nephew's dumper truck which took less than 5 minutes to reduce the garage to rubble. Three months later, he got a phone call from the customer begging him to clear the site and to rebuild the garage. This he did with cash up front and an extra grand on the total. No need for Doctor Death here.

I really feel for ben the gas man as this has also happened to me. All of you have given great advice but I think the one thing that is p.....g ben off is the fact that they have taken cheap shots at the quality of his work.

Keep your chin up ben it will all come clean in the wash eventually and I hope you get a result with this.

Nick the builder alias alpcon

Back