CUT ALARM WIRE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was decorating a room, when I accidently cut the alarm wire. Inside a the wire are numerous other wires (Green, Black, Red Yellow). Is it possible to get connectors for these types of wires in order to repair? And what is the proper name for these wires?

Sponsored Links
Most alarms are fitted with 6 core alarm cable, or maybe 8 core, you can get junction boxes specifically for alarm cable from any good alarm installer/electrical shop

Sponsored Links
Rhbeen said:
I accidently cut the alarm wire

Don't mean to mock, but how can you accidentally cut a wire through?!

Know what you mean, it just sounds funny!

Taylortwocities said:
The wires, by the way are called "wires"

It's alarm cable, if you need to buy more. Comes in many numbers of cores, but commonly 4 core & 6 core for domestic alarms. DON'T use telecom cable.

either the green is really blue, or there is a white and blue missing

snap is the actual answer.

telceoms cable being solid drawn will snap causing probllems multistranded doesnt snap

Would it be better to use stranded alarm cable for telecoms, then? Or won't it Krone?

given the ammount of telecom gear with screw termainls i'd think if using phone wire with such terminals was really a big problem we'd know about it by now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back