Cut in lines around wall edges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

First time at painting a dining room wall white and I've messed up!

I followed the guidelines (I think) and cut in the bottom 2" of the walls and corners of my dining room with a brush and then filled in with a roller. The walls look great apart from the edges and corners where it looks darker everywhere i.e. there are lines all around the top bottom of the walls and corners where I've been with the brush.

What should I do? :confused:

Sponsored Links
are you using vinal emulsion? if so the cutting in have dried by the time you rolled and it have flashed id suggest you do it again and eith get ur skates on or get some one to help you sonn as they cut in you roll and make sure you roll tight to the cutting in go over the cutting in as much as you can ;)

another posible reason and more than likely is you will apply paint much thicker with a brush than you will a roller. what I think you are seeing is it looks darker on the cutting in cos its thicker and has covered better. Give all another coat and it will look much better I'm sure. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back